These terms and conditions, the Membership Application Form and the Complete Care Leaflet or Complete Care Senior Leaflet together (“Terms”) form the basis of our contract with you, the pet owner (“you”, “your”). These Terms are important and we strongly advise that you read through them carefully and keep them in a safe place, so that you can refer to them in the future.
Your Plan is administered by THE ANIMAL HEALTHCARE COMPANY LTD, 4 Bridge Road Business Park, Bridge Road, Haywards Heath, West Sussex RH16 1TX (referred to in these Terms as “we, us, our”).
We collect payments on behalf of your local Companion Care or Vets4Pets veterinary surgery named on your Membership Application Form (“Your Vet”) to pay for Your Plan.
1. Treatment your pet is entitled to – the treatment paid for by Your Plan entitles the pet(s) you name on your Membership Application Form (“Your Pet”) to receive specified routine preventative healthcare, services and treatments required to maintain Your Pet’s health, as prescribed by Your Vet and as described in the Complete Care Leaflet or Complete Care Senior Leaflet (“Treatment”).
2. Nothing in Your Plan prevents you and Your Vet agreeing that they will provide additional healthcare, services and treatments outside Your Pet’s entitlement under Your Plan. Any additional healthcare, services or treatments which are not included in Your Plan will incur an additional charge which is payable separately by you to Your Vet.
3. Treatment by another veterinary practice – Your Plan entitles Your Pet to receive Treatment at Your Vet only. If you choose for Your Pet to have healthcare, services or treatments provided by a veterinary practice other than Your Vet, these services will not be covered by Your Plan.
4. Products prescribed by Your Vet must be used in accordance with Your Vet’s instructions and must not be used on any pet other than Your Pet. If Your Pet is sensitive or allergic to the products prescribed under Your Plan, substitute products may be available, which may result in an additional charge. Please discuss Your Pet’s clinical requirements with Your Vet.
5. Your Plan entitles Your Pet to two consultations with Your Vet. One veterinary consultation will be conducted by Your Vet at the time of Your Pet’s annual vaccination. Please note that any additional veterinary consultations, health checks, treatments, preventative healthcare or services are payable separately by you to Your Vet.
6. Complete Care Senior 10% off prescription medication - The 10% discount is only applicable for prescription medication that your vet has recommended based on an observed and diagnosed clinical need. The discount excludes items constituting Flea and Worm treatment which are already provided for in the appropriate quantities for your pet within the plan. Only the pet registered for Senior Plan is eligible for the 10% discount on prescription medication. This discount cannot be used for treatment for other pets not covered by the plan.
7. By entering into Your Plan you are agreeing to make the payment set out in the Membership Application Form (“Payment”).
8. We will not refund fees paid or payable by you except in the case of our administrative error (in our reasonable opinion) or the death of Your Pet, in which case we will only refund sums you have already paid for which Your Pet has not received Treatment. You must collect all prescribed treatments within 3 months after the termination or expiry of Your Plan, whichever occurs sooner, following which you will not be entitled to collect any prescribed treatments.
9. If Your Pet’s weight changes and as a result it moves into a higher or lower weight threshold, we reserve the right to charge you an additional fee by providing at least 28 days’ notice in writing and any additional payment required will be due from you within 28 days’ of receipt of such notice. If you fail to pay any such additional payment, we reserve the right to terminate Your Plan. We reserve the right to change the weight thresholds from time to time by giving you at least 28 days’ notice in writing. Term and termination
10.Your Plan is an annual contract and we will write to you no later than 28 days prior to the expiry of Your Plan to offer you continuation terms on behalf of Your Vet. If you do NOT wish to renew Your Plan for a subsequent year, then you should notify us at least 7 days prior to the expiry of Your Plan.
11.If you fail to make any payments due under Your Plan, we reserve the right to terminate it in accordance with clause 9 above.
12.If you change your mind and wish to cancel Your Plan, you have 14 days from the date of making the Payment in which to do so. You should contact us in writing at the address above. You will be liable to pay to Your Vet the full, non-discounted value of any Treatments received prior to the date of cancellation of Your Plan.
13.Any refund due to you of fees paid in respect of Your Plan pursuant to clauses 8 and/or 12 above shall be paid as follows:
13.1 If you paid the Payment by payment card – by a refund by Your Vet of the relevant amount to the same card that you used to make the Payment; or
13.2 If you paid the Payment in cash – by a refund of the relevant amount by cheque from the Support Office at Manor Barn, Kingston Lisle Business Centre, Kingston Lisle, Oxfordshire, OX12 9QX which may take up to 28 days to process.
14.You MUST be over 18 years of age.
15.Your Plan may not be transferred either from Your Pet to another pet, or from you to a third party. 16.THIS IS NOT AN INSURANCE POLICY.
17.These Terms are subject to English law.
18.The actual saving compared to the full price of the products in Your Plan will be calculated by Your Vet before you complete the Membership Application Form. Please note that no offer or discount may be used at the time of application to reduce the price of Your Plan.
19.Your Plan is not available to you if you have an outstanding balance with Your Vet. All new Complete Care Plans are subject to our acceptance of your Membership Application Form and we reserve the right to refuse to enter into Terms with you.
20.The weight of Your Pet entered on your Membership Application Form will be the weight used to determine the fee category Your Pet falls into, subject to any changes in accordance with clause 9.
21.You are responsible for ensuring Your Pet attends Your Vet regularly and that you comply with the advice and treatment Your Vet prescribes for Your Pet.
22.If your personal details change, you should notify Your Vet immediately.
23.If Your Pet is lost or deceased, you should notify Your Vet and contact us to cancel Your Plan.
24.If you have any problems with the administration of Your Plan or if you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us by telephone: 0844 800 8548; or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
25.If you are unhappy with the Treatment or any aspect of Your Pet’s veterinary care, you should contact Your Vet.
Use of your Personal Information