Terms and conditions of your Flea and Worm Health Plan (“Your Plan”)
These terms and conditions, the Membership Application Form and the Flea
and Worm Pack Leaflet together (together “Terms; Your Plan”) form the basis
of the contract with your veterinary practice (“Your Vet”) and the pet owner
(“you” “your”). These Terms are important and we strongly advise that you read
through them carefully and keep them in a safe place, so that you can refer to
them in the future.
Your Plan is administered by The Animal Healthcare Company Limited (The Animal
Healthcare Company”) for and on behalf of Your Vet. The Animal Healthcare
Company’s role is to provide administrative services to support the contract between
you and Your Vet. This includes passing your payments onto Your Vet on a regular
1. Treatment your pet is entitled to – the treatment paid for by Your Plan entitles
the pet you name on your Membership Application Form (“Your Pet”) to receive
specified routine preventative healthcare, services and treatments required to
maintain Your Pet’s health, as prescribed by Your Vet and as described in the Flea
and Worm Pack Leaflet (“Treatment”).
2. Nothing in Your Plan prevents you and Your Vet agreeing that they will provide
additional healthcare, services and treatments outside Your Pet’s entitlement under
Your Plan. Any additional healthcare, services or treatments which are not included
in Your Plan will incur an additional charge which is payable separately by you to
3. Treatment by another veterinary practice – Your Plan entitles Your Pet to receive
Treatment at Your Vet only. If you choose for Your Pet to have healthcare, services
or treatments provided by a veterinary practice other than Your Vet, these services
will not be covered by Your Plan.
4. Products prescribed by Your Vet must be used in accordance with Your Vet’s
instructions and must not be used on any pet other than Your Pet. If Your Pet is
sensitive or allergic to the products prescribed under Your Plan, substitute products
may be available, which may result in an additional charge. Please discuss Your
Pet’s clinical requirements with Your Vet.
5. Your Plan entitles Your Pet to one consultation with Your Vet per year, at the
discretion of Your Vet. You must ensure that Your Pet has had a consultation within
12 months prior to any Treatment. Please note that any additional veterinary
consultations, health checks, treatments, preventative healthcare or services are
payable separately by you to Your Vet.
6. By entering into Your Plan you are agreeing to make the payments set out in the
Membership Application Form (“Payment”) to Your Vet.
7. We will not refund fees paid or payable by you except in the case of our
administrative error (in our reasonable opinion) or the death of Your Pet, in which
case we will only refund sums you have already paid for which Your Pet has not
received Treatment. You must collect all prescribed treatments within 3 months
after the termination or expiry of Your Plan, whichever occurs sooner, following
which you will not be entitled to collect any prescribed treatments. In order to
comply with dispensing regulations your pet will need to have been examined by a
veterinary surgeon within the 12 months prior to collection, otherwise you may be
required to book a consultation which will be charged at Your Vet’s normal rates.
8. If Your Pet’s weight changes and as a result it moves into a higher or lower
weight threshold, we reserve the right to terminate your plan on 28 days’ written
notice, You will then be required to enter into a new plan and pay the increased
or decreased fee accordingly. We also reserve the right to change the weight
thresholds from time to time by giving you at least 28 days’ notice in writing.
Term and termination
9. Your Plan is an annual contract and we will write to you no later than 28 days prior
to the expiry of Your Plan to offer you continuation terms on behalf of Your Vet. If
you do NOT wish to renew Your Plan for a subsequent year, then you should notify
us at least 7 days prior to the expiry of Your Plan.
10. We or Your Vet reserves the right to terminate your plan by giving you written
notice expiring on the last day of the month, after not less than one month’s notice,
for any reason that we consider reasonable and necessary.
11. If you change your mind and wish to cancel Your Plan, you have 14 days from the
date of making the Payment in which to do so. You should contact us in writing
at the address above. You will be liable to pay to Your Vet the full, non-discounted
value of any Treatments received prior to the date of cancellation of Your Plan.
12. Any refund due to you of fees paid in respect of Your Plan pursuant to clauses 7, 8
and/or 11 above shall be paid as follows:
12.1 If you paid the Payment by payment card – by a refund by Your Vet of the
relevant amount to the same card that you used to make the Payment.
13. You MUST be over 18 years of age to enter these Terms.
14. Your Plan may not be transferred either from Your Pet to another pet, or from you
to a third party.
15. THIS IS NOT AN INSURANCE POLICY.
16. These Terms are subject to English law.
17. The estimated saving compared to the full price of the products in Your Plan will
be calculated by Your Vet before you complete the Membership Application Form.
Please note that any offer or discount to reduce the price of Your Plan at the time
of your application will be permitted solely at the discretion of Your Vet.
18. We reserve the right to suspend Your Plan if you have any outstanding debt with
your vet for any treatment or medication outside of Your Plan, that is more than
7 days overdue. Your Plan will be reactivated once payment of the debt is made
in full. All new Flea and Worm Pack plans are subject to our acceptance of your
Membership Application Form and we reserve the right to refuse to enter into
Terms with you.
Variation of these Terms
19. We reserve the right to vary these terms on one months’ written notice given to
you by us. If you do not wish Your Plan to continue having regard to any variation
notified to you, you may cancel your plan on one months’ written notice to us
and you will be liable to pay to Your Vet the full, non-discounted value of any
Treatments received prior to the date of cancellation of Your Plan. If you do not do
this by the time the notice has expired, you will be deemed to have accepted the
20. The weight of Your Pet entered on your Membership Application Form will be
the weight used to determine the fee category Your Pet falls into, subject to any
changes in accordance with clause 8.
21. If your personal details change, you should notify Your Vet immediately.
22. If Your Pet is lost or deceased, you should notify Your Vet and contact us to cancel
23. You are responsible for ensuring Your Pet attends Your Vet regularly and that
you comply with the advice and treatment Your Vet prescribes for Your Pet.
We will endeavour to remind you about treatments that are due but it is your
responsibility to ensure that you collect and correctly administer any prescribed
treatments that are covered within Your Plan and you should not rely solely on the
24. If you are unhappy with Your Plan, the Treatment or any aspect of Your Pet’s
veterinary care, you should contact Your Vet.