Did you know your home could become a haven for parasites if your cat or dog is not routinely treated for fleas and worms?
Parasites are able to thrive in a warm environment; as the majority of properties in the UK are now fitted with central heating systems, fleas and worms can pose a problem all year round.
Additionally, with increasing trends of warmer, wetter weather – parasites such as fleas and worms are able to survive for longer outside, increasing the risk of your pet coming into contact with them.
Did you know...
- A single roundworm can lay up to 85,000 eggs per day
- A single flea can bite your pet up to 400 times a day
- Once a home is infested, flea pupae can survive for several months or longer with new fleas emerging any time in the home environment
- 95% of the flea population exists in immature stages in the surrounding environment, like carpets
- Toxocara (roundworm) eggs have been found in 1 in 5 soil samples taken from parks 4
- Fleas can cause skin disease in humans and animals with 50% of fleas found to be carrying at least one disease