Further Remembrance Options And Support
Helping you with the loss of a pet
There are many memorial and remembrance options available. This could include planting a tree or flowers, a memorial plaque or stone, tribute photo frames, framing a lock of hair or making a clay paw print.
Ask your vet which options they offer and don’t be afraid to ask them for a memento such as a lock of hair.
Books you may find useful
- Coping with Pet Loss by Robin Grey
(Sheldon Press 2006)
- When Your Pet Dies: A Guide to Mourning, Remembering and Healing by Alan D. Wolfelt (Companion Press 2004)
- Farewell, My Lovely: Short Tails and Tributes to Brains the Magnificat and Other Much-loved, Departed Pets by Susie Cornfield
- Missing My Pet by Alex Lambert
(BGTF Ltd, 2006 - written by six-year-old Alex after the death of his pet dog Star)
- Badger’s Parting Gifts by Susan Varley
(Andersen Press, 2013)
- Goodbye Mog by Judith Kerr
Donate to a charity in memory of your pet
Donating in memory of a pet is a very special and meaningful way to remember them – honouring their life and helping others at the same time.