We’re here to support you and your pets
As an essential service, we're here to support you and your pets. Please check our opening hours and contact our friendly team to discuss your pet care needs. Visit our Facebook page to stay informed with the latest safety measures in place at our practice.
Meet the team
I graduated from the University of Glasgow Veterinary school in 2006, alongside Alistair. In fact we first became friends way back in 2001 during freshers week, completely unaware that this would be the start of a rather long friendship and then practice partnership!
I have spent all of my career in small animal practice in Sheffield, including a spell working in emergency out of hours. I started at Millhouses in 2010, taking the practice over in 2011. I enjoy the daily challenge of a busy small animal caseload and have recently completed my Certificate of Advanced Veterinary Practice (CertAVP) with a focus on medicine. Being an owner and partner in the practice has been extremely rewarding and has allowed me to focus on providing the best clinical and customer care to our fantastic clients and their lovely furry friends.
Originally from Troon, Ayrshire on the west coast of Scotland I graduated from the University of Glasgow Veterinary School in 2006, where I also happened to meet Tim at a fresher’s get together in 2001. We’ve been friends since then and business partners since 2011.
I started my veterinary career working in Northern Ireland in mixed practice, following that I worked with all sorts of animals in New Zealand. Upon returning to the UK I settled into small animal practice and haven’t looked back as this is what I have found to be most rewarding.
Every day in this job is different and I guess is what makes it incredibly interesting. I have taken special interest in orthopaedic surgery and cardiology in recent years which has allowed us to offer cutting edge treatment options for a number of conditions.
It is a privilege to be part of the great team we have here at Millhouses Vets4Pets, we really do strive to provide the best experience possible for both pets and their owners.
I qualified as a vet from Liverpool University in 2013. I used to see practice at Millhouses Vets4pets as a student and returned here to my home town in January 2018 after working in Liverpool and Australia. I am currently studying for a certificate in small animal medicine with feline medicine being my biggest area of interest.
I have my own half Siamese cat called Salem who is very spoilt! Outside of work I enjoy baking, nature and the great outdoors. I also blog about environmental issues and sustainable living.
I'm Sam and I'm one of the Registered Veterinary Nurses. I graduated in 2013 and have been working here at Millhouses since 2015. My job is challenging but is also extremely rewarding and I really do love it. I enjoy all aspects of nursing especially nursing consultations. I am one of the practices' Clinical Coaches, this means I tutor student veterinary nurses in practice and help them work towards their qualification. I have a lovely Cockapoo named Annie and a cheeky hand reared kitten named Heidi, they are both best friends and love being with each other. I enjoy baking in my spare time, I think my colleagues enjoy that too as I always bring my creations in for them to try!
I have been working in practice since 2004. I qualified as a nurse in 2009. I have a keen interest in surgery, anaesthesia and dentistry. I am a clinical coach, supporting and training new students. I am currently working towards a nurse certificate in anaesthesia. In my spare time I enjoy walking my dog Rogue in the Peak District.
I graduated from Edinburgh Napier University in June 2018. I have a keen interest in medical nursing and caring for inpatients. In my spare time I enjoy swimming, baking and walking my Cocker Spaniel, Jess.
I qualified as a Registered Veterinary Nurse in early 2020, having completed my training in my hometown of Newcastle. After a few months volunteering at a veterinary clinic in Sri Lanka I chose to move to Sheffield, then joining the Millhouses team in August 2020. I enjoy nursing a variety of patients, but have a particular soft spot for black Labradors!
I have worked here since November 2009 and can't imagine being anywhere else! As Practice Manager my role is very varied and organising the day to day running of our busy practice certainly keeps me on my toes. I can usually be found buried under a pile of paperwork in the office, helping out on the reception desk or enjoying cuddles with some of our lovely patients! Being part of the Millhouses Vets4Pets team is very rewarding. My favourite parts of the job are that every day is very different and I love the relationship you build up with our fantastic customers and their furry family members!
I have a black and white cat at home called Sebastian, who is a regular visitor to the practice. In my spare time I enjoy being out in the Peak District and spending time with family and friends.
I'm one of the reception team here at Millhouses. I have an 18 month old daughter that keeps me on my toes, and I adopted one of the stray cats from 8 Lives Cat Rescue, called Kiri; my daughter adore her, it's very sweet watching them together!
Hello, I am a receptionist at Vets4Pets Millhouses. I have been working as part of the team since August 2019 and my favourite part of the job is meeting new puppies and kittens, as well as any other animals brought into our practice. Though I currently do not have any pets of my own, I cannot wait to get my own dog and bring them into the practice to become part of the family. Outside of work I enjoy keeping fit by going to the gym and trying new activities. I also love nothing more than curling up on the sofa with a good series.
Hello, I'm Sophie and currently work as an Animal Care Assistant and Receptionist at Millhouses Vets4Pets. I started working at the practice in October 2017. I have always had a massive passion for animals and adore being surrounded by pets all day, making their visit as enjoyable as possible with lots of cuddles! I don't have any pets myself but one day I would love to get a dog... however, I can't decide what breed because I just love so many! Outside of work I enjoy weight lifting at the gym and going on long walks in the Peaks.
Thank you to all of our clients who have been so patient during the COVID-19 crisis. Whilst it is not business as usual, we are now happily in a position to be able to offer service as usual. The biggest changes that you will notice to how we are operating through the next few months are;
* We are happy to see our four legged friends in the practice to receive whatever treatment, routine or not, that they need (whether they are so keen to attend is another matter!). Please note that there is likely to be a delay of a few weeks for routine appointments due to a backlog from previous lockdowns, so please book with as much notice as possible. We are doing our absolute best to reduce this backlog and are hopeful that the waiting times will reduce over the coming months.
* Our appointments may take slightly longer and our phone lines are busier due to the COVID safety measures. We thank you for your understanding during this time.
* We are not allowing any owners into the practice building. We know that this can be upsetting and this is something that will be kept under constant review and adapted as soon as possible.
* When you arrive at the practice for either a pre-booked appointment or to collect food/medication please phone us from the car park. This will allow us to manage any queues efficiently prior to you approaching the front door. Please note that all collections must be made by 6.30pm Monday-Friday and 4.30pm Saturday.
* Please remember to bring your phone to the appointments and dress appropriately for current weather conditions or drive in where possible to avoid having to wait outside in cold/wet weather.
* Please wear a mask when coming to the door unless you are exempt, and we ask that where possible only one person accompanies your pet to the door to minimise unnecessary contact.
* In order to help reduce unnecessary journeys we are able to post flea and worming treatments for adult pets to your home address. This is at a cost of £3 per pet, and we can also deliver medications (some exemptions apply) through first class signed for delivery, at a cost of £5.
* Please do not attend the practice if you have symptoms of COVID-19 or have been asked to self-isolate under the track and trace system. We would ask that any pet from an infected household is only brought for emergency treatment during this time. Please highlight this to reception at the time of making an appointment so that additional bio-security measures can be put in place.
* If you are shielding please contact the practice and we can discuss the options available for ensuring we can still provide the care your pet needs.
* We are only accepting card payments made on the phone at the time of the appointment/treatment. We are not currently accepting cash.
Emergency coverEven if we are closed, we have your pet covered.
Operating TheatreAn operating theatre with gaseous anaesthetic facility for surgical procedures.
Isolation UnitA special ward to care for animals with contagious diseases.
Blood Pressure MonitorUsed to measure the range of blood pressure as a preventative treatment to identify early signs of systemic hypertension.
Show more services
BiochemistryAllows an assessment of the functionality of a patients organs.
HaematologyAllows the assessment of a patient's blood and blood cells.
In-house LaboratoryA range of analytical tests and equipment to assist in the rapid diagnosis of illness.
X-Ray & UltrasoundX-Ray & Ultrasound
Hospital WardSuite of custom-built kennels for the housing and monitoring of in-patients.
DentistryThe treatment and prevention of dental disease
£59 Puppy & Kitten Pack
Complete Care Senior
Flea & Worm Pack
Out of hours
14 Newhall Road
Tel: Telephone: 0114 242 1929
Standard consultations before 11pm start from £172.50. Standard consultations after 11pm start from £222.00.