Vets4Pets Referral Service
How the service works
- This information is for veterinary surgeons wishing to refer a patient to one of our practices.
- Blood work and relevant clinical history are required within the last month for all patients undergoing sedation or GA, please also send results with this booking form.
- For all referrals please complete the booking form or simply call the practice you want to refer to with your client’s details, and we will make all the necessary arrangements for the referral.
- You will receive a full report and treatment plan. This report is usually sent as an email, but can be sent via fax and/or by post.
- Results/diagnosis will be sent to you within 24-48 hours via email
- For urgent cases or emergencies please call the practice you with to refer to directly.
CT Scanner Service
The outpatient CT scanning service is designed to provide a cost effective imaging solution to both you and your clients. The CT system is equipped with powerful technology ensuring that our vets achieve the best possible diagnostic results at minimum dose levels and in the shortest possible time. We also employ a fully trained CT nurse to ensure that your patients receive the best possible care during their short time with us.
How the service works
- We offer 16-slice CT as an extension of your veterinary service
- Your patient remains yours throughout the outpatient imaging process
- We invoice you, not the owner so that you can bill the case from your practice
- We provide you an estimate which will include all costs - sedation or GA, CT imaging & radiology reporting from VetCT Specialists.
- If required, we can arrange a specialist to assess the results and discuss options. A price list is available on request.
- The patient and client will need to visit the Vets4Pets surgery for imaging
- A DVD may be supplied of the scan with DICOM viewer on request
- Results will be sent to you within 24-48 hours
- You can use the form below or call us to book in the scan
If you are unsure as to whether your patient requires a CT or you would like some advice, please get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.
- Once we have received the referral request information, we will contact the owner directly to book an appointment.
- The patient and client will need to visit the Vets4Pets practice you are referring to.
Terms and conditions
This is a referral service only. Patients will remain under the care of the referring veterinary surgeon.
- Request for an appointment to be made online using the referral booking form or by calling the practice.
- Relevant history must be submitted
- Referring veterinary surgeon must inform client of the exact nature of procedure offered
- The service will be carried out as per exact instructions on request form and Vets4Pets will accept no responsibility for investigation and reporting on concurrent disease, conditions or treatment, unless speciﬁcally requested by referring veterinary surgeon
- Should our examination reveal an unexpected ﬁnding, we will contact you immediately to discuss the best course of action
- In cases where the patient requires general anaesthetic or sedation, we require you to have performed relevant blood tests within the month before the procedure and inform our clinicians about the patients general health, speciﬁcally relating to anaesthetic risks
- Vets4Pets will not accept any referred client as a new client to any of our ﬁrst opinion veterinary surgeries for six months