Vets4Pets Basildon Referral Service
How the service works
- This information is for veterinary surgeons wishing to refer a patient to us.
- For all referrals please complete the booking form with your client’s details.
- History, case notes and other relevant information can be sent to us by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once you send us your referral, kindly call us on 01268 585700 option 2 (Wards) and ask to speak to the Vet in Charge to discuss and verbally handover.
- The patient and client will need to visit Vets4Pets Basildon.
- You will receive a full report and treatment plan. This report is usually sent as an email, but can be sent via fax and/or by post.
- For urgent cases or emergencies please call the Basildon Pitsea clinic directly on 01268 585700.
CT Scanner Service
The outpatient CT scanning service is designed to provide a cost effective imaging solution to both you and your clients. The CT system is equipped with powerful technology ensuring that our vets achieve the best possible diagnostic results at minimum dose levels and in the shortest possible time. We also employ a fully trained CT nurse to ensure that your patients receive the best possible care during their short time with us.
How the service works
- We offer 16-slice CT as an extension of your veterinary service
- Your patient remains yours throughout the outpatient imaging process
- We invoice you, not the owner so that you can bill the case from your practice
- We provide you an estimate which will include all costs - sedation or GA, CT imaging & radiology reporting from VetCT Specialists.
- If required, we can arrange a specialist to assess the results and discuss options. A price list is available on request.
- The patient and client will need to visit the Vets4Pets surgery for imaging
- A DVD may be supplied of the scan with DICOM viewer on request
- Results will be sent to you within 24-48 hours
- You can use the form below or call us to book in the scan
If you are unsure as to whether your patient requires a CT or you would like some advice, please get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.
- Once we have received the referral request information, we will contact the owner directly to book an appointment.
- The patient and client will need to visit the Vets4Pets Basildon practice.
Terms and conditions
This is a referral service only. Patients will remain under the care of the referring veterinary surgeon.
- Request for an appointment to be made online using the referral booking form or by calling us on 01268 585 700
- Relevant history must be submitted
- Referring veterinary surgeon must inform client of the exact nature of procedure offered
- The service will be carried out as per exact instructions on request form and Vets4Pets will accept no responsibility for investigation and reporting on concurrent disease, conditions or treatment, unless speciﬁcally requested by referring veterinary surgeon
- Should our examination reveal an unexpected ﬁnding, we will contact you immediately to discuss the best course of action
- In cases where the patient requires general anaesthetic or sedation, we require you to have performed relevant blood tests within the month before the procedure and inform our clinicians about the patients general health, speciﬁcally relating to anaesthetic risks
- Vets4Pets will not accept any referred client as a new client to any of our ﬁrst opinion veterinary surgeries for six months
- Please note, the treating vet will assess the case and may make changes to the treatment plan if it’s felt in the animals best interest to do so. By referring the animal to us for care you are consenting to this. If there are delicacies or specifics to a case that are not immediately obvious in the clinical or referring notes, please ensure you speak to us prior to the arrival of the animal.